Monday, March 14, 2011

Moon Phases and Seasons


Well I guess I blew that one pretty badly. The original questions are listed below. Never mind my answers.

What causes the seasons/temperature differences on earth through the year?

What causes the phases of the moon from new moon to full moon?

I guess in some ways this reinforces all we've been hearing about our education system not teaching the sciences or mathematics very well. I did find it interesting that a person could be educated in East Tennessee and North Carolina (me) or in an Ivy League school and be equally incompetent. What a proud moment! I hope I don't actually need to apply this knowledge.

Is this the type of material for an online learning module? Would that work any better? You might assume the face to face method has not yielded stellar results. This activity showed me how little I know about this area of science. I hope the people I need to know this are good at it. I wonder if the moon is out tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment