Friday, February 18, 2011

Wiki Experience

I've learned a lot about all things Wiki this week. I guess the most striking was how easy it is (was) to get a Wiki identity and jump in and start editing. Quite honestly I went about things pretty cautiously since I didn't want to mess up any of the information displayed there. After a couple of edits it became a pretty simple process. Most of the Web 2.0 terms, particularly the acronyms are unfamiliar to me. I looked for opportunities to wordsmith over opportunities to make real technical change. The last thing I wanted was to inadvertently make a change that alters the technical correctness someone else might rely on. This hasn't been an overly enjoyable assignment but I have interfaced with these Wiki sites in a capacity beyond an ordinary user. Moving forward I may take on the task of looking at material more to my center of excellence that I can perhaps make more robust.

No comments:

Post a Comment